Ireland Literature Guide

The Ireland Literature Guide is an Irish online resource for Literature from Ireland

Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Apparently it is happening in the UK too - Heaney in the Forward Poetry Prize

In my last post, I mentioned the mounting number of 'cash for couplets' type prize funds that are currently appearing in Ireland. Then I came across this prize giving 'best in show' competition, when I was researching the poetry of Seamus Heaney, as old famous seamus is nominated for the best collection section:

Forward Prize for Best Collection (worth £10,000)
Kate Bingham - Quicksand beach
Paul Farley - Tramp in Flames
Vicki Feaver - The Book of Blood
Seamus Heaney - District and Circle
Robin Robertson - Swithering
Penelope Shuttle - Redgrove's Wife

That is 10,000 pound sterling!!
I am in fact only mentioning this as I will never even get listed.

Technorati Tags: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home