Ireland Literature Guide

The Ireland Literature Guide is an Irish online resource for Literature from Ireland

Friday, August 25, 2006

U2 by U2 - A biographical greatest hits - A cover review

A biography written by U2 themselves, U2 by U2, will be released on September 26, 2006. Talk about everything you can't leave behind. However, I am glad to see that Bono on the cover is sporting a mullet and looking very like Sonia O'Sullivan in the early days. I always imagined her running across the line singing Gloria. Anyway the world does not need this.

Although all the money will go to Drop the Amnesty for International Greenpeace I doubt very much that it will merit every bookstore window in Dublin being packed with this eyesore. By now you will realise I have not read the book but am remarking on the cover only.

However, this cover does say to me 'do you remember when we were broke', which I think is exactly what Ireland needs to hear right now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home